This is not a graphic design position, but those skills will help the right candidate succeed.
The ideal candidate will have the drive to work, be creative, have a positive attitude and will be excited about wide format color printing. Must be committed to quality, always paying attention to detail, consistently deliver outstanding customer service, and be able to function effectively in a fast paced environment.
Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
The Large Format Specialist is responsible for the printing, mounting and finishing of all sign, banner and vinyl jobs that come into the shop. This involves using the RIP software to run the jobs on various machines and then finishing the pieces per job ticket specifications. An ability to work at a fast pace while creating a quality product is a must! Multi-tasking is key in this position and must be utilized daily in order to get the orders out in the requested times.
· Ability to fabricate all types of signs and props: vinyl/print applications, laminating, cut/weed/mask/apply to substrates, wood, metal, paint, window and vehicle graphics/wraps, trade show displays, interior/exterior signage, holiday & special event props / decorations, etc.
· Experience with various shop tools
· Ensures the accuracy of the print order according to customer specifications; must be well organized
· Work with various substrates, materials, tool, and fabrication skills
· Ability to stand for long periods and undertake some heavy lifting.
· Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, organization, and multi-tasking skills are critical, as well as the ability to work in a team-oriented environment. Bilingual a large plus.
· Ability to work independently, have problem-solving and decision-making skills, takes initiative and follows through.
· Strong Customer Service Skills and Communication
· Keeps large format work areas neat, clean and orderly. Ensures that everything is put away at the end of each day.
· Keeps a good grasp of substrate and supply inventory and alerts management when running low on something.
· Flexible must have the ability to adapt to changing priorities and tight deadlines (working before/after-hours, weekends, and during the holiday season).
· Perform Routine Maintenance on all equipment.
· Must work well with others and on a team
· Must have a drivers license
· Must be reliable, punctual, presentable, enthusiastic, and have an honest, hard-working attitude.
· Experience using Adobe Illustrator and/or PhotoShop are definitely a plus. The ability to effectively prepare and troubleshoot a variety of file formats and edit PDF documents is a plus.
· Understanding of RIP software (Onyx Postershop) and color management is helpful
We offer a fun casual work environment with medical and dental insurance, as well as a savings plan with company match, paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
At least one year of sign shop experience is preferred.
Compensation will depend on experience level, if you have any salary requirements, please include them with your application.