To provide quick, efficient, and proficient means for the management and release of protected health information (PHI) to multiple healthcare facilities and to contribute to the company’s overall mission of providing secure & meaningful health information exchange (HIE) to help improve the quality of patient care.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Understand and abide by all HIPAA privacy and security laws.
- Interpret and apply HIPAA rules to release of protected health information requests.
- Validate all incoming request for PHI
- Verify patient information using key identifiers
- Conduct quality screenings on incoming PHI to protect patient data
- Verify requesting party contact information including fax number or address.
- Update and maintain an Account of Disclosures Log for all medical records.
- Provide attention and care to patients and patient representative
- Answer phone calls for status checks and inquiries
- Invoice applicable parties for medical record requests
- Check voicemail and return calls on a daily basis.