Nashville CARES is looking for ambitious individuals who have a solid work ethic, are independently driven, and possess strong analytical skills. Are you interested in using your skills to support individuals living with HIV? If so, we would like to hear from you!
Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration for this position at our Indeed.com listing.
- Process Insurance Assistance Program (IAP) applications accurately and timely and consistent with program guidelines.
- Verify premiums and payment addresses with insurance companies.
- Process premium payments, premium changes, insurance changes, and pharmacy changes accurately and consistent with program guidelines.
- Process Form PH-3716 on new program enrollees.
- Process closure requests.
- Maintain database to accurately track and manage premium payments and client data.
- Process all incoming calls from Case Managers, clients, and insurance companies with the goal of managing the program’s Issue Resolution Process.
- Maintain documentation in client charts and database of contacts with clients, Case Managers, and Insurance companies.
- Actively participate in Process Review Sessions to ensure a broad understanding of program processes and facilitate process improvement.
- Actively participate in cross-training activities to facilitate understanding of departmental processes.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in insurance billing/benefits administration
- Strong problem recognition and resolution skills
- Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Superior verbal, written, customer service and analytical skills.
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License, vehicle, and automobile liability insurance to facilitate local travel required for client/agency related business with frequent travel in the local communities
- Undergraduate degree and/or some college coursework a plus.
- Experience with services delivery, HIV/AIDS issues, and/or community-based organizations an asset.
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service); 9 paid holidays and more.
Nashville CARES is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.