The Events Coordinator is a take charge professional with the ability to manage administration, logistics and relationships associated with events in support of the entire organization in a busy environment of events and stakeholder activities. They must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends. The Events Coordinator should have a love for event management and execution, proficiency in project management to see projects through from conception to execution, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic and mission-driven professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers. As the primary liaison between volunteers and the organization, this position demands exceptional knowledge of managing and supporting volunteers, sound judgment, and the ability to problem solve and mitigate/respond to logistical, socio-political concerns related to volunteers. This position has responsibility for project budgets and holds relationships with event-related product and service donors/vendors to ensure event costs are as low as possible.
Events include but are not limited to Ballet Ball (largest annual fundraising event with $335,000 net budget goal), all membership events/programs, including the Ambassadors’ Society, Benefactors’ Society and Friends of Nashville Ballet, plus board meetings, promotional events, marketing events, announcement events, appreciation events, and more.
Event Planning and Production:
- Serve as the single point of contact for the planning of all Nashville Ballet events, both on and off site, working with internal departments to determine and deliver the objectives for the event from conception to event evaluation
- Coordinate and execute all communication strategies regarding events such as postal and email invitations, in-kind donation requests, fundraising and underwriting requests, RSVP management, sales communication, etc.
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet quality expectations
- Actively gather information on each project to achieve quality event experiences
- Effectively communicate with volunteers, staff, and vendors, delegating appropriate planning and execution responsibilities
- Create and revise room layouts for each event
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- Be the lead relationship manager with all our fundraising volunteer co-chairs (where applicable)
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Close out all events as required
- Drive the event planning and execution process by creating and utilizing timelines, planning templates, underwriting lists and projections, and meeting agendas
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to volunteers and directors
- Track event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
- Coordinate scheduling of events on the company calendar
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested
- Ensure event data is being imputed and tracked appropriately within Nashville Ballet’s database (Tessitura); invitation lists, reservations, attendees, donations, etc.
- Collaborate with staff from all applicable departments, to create and implement event timeline, guest list and speaking points
- Represent Nashville Ballet at performances, School events, community events, and local business organizations as needed
- All other duties deemed necessary by management
Work Requirements and Qualifications:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Ballet Ball Co-Chairs to manage logistic/fundraising progress, support administrative needs, and otherwise keep their event planning efforts on track for a timely and successful event
- In collaboration with Ballet Ball Co-Chairs, organize and manage the Ballet Ball Committee members (as needed, varies from ball to ball)
- In collaboration with the Ballet Ball Manpower Committee, organize and manage all day-of volunteers for Ballet Ball set-up
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with donors, volunteers, staff, and vendors
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Effective project management skills, including setting and meeting deadlines
- Ability to make decisions and creatively solve problems
- Experience and aptitude with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and database management, preferably Tessitura
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the organization
The physical demands described here are a non-exhaustive list of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle, feel, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms above the shoulders. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative to those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this document is intended to be an accurate description of the current job, circumstances may require that other, or different tasks be performed (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
To be considered for this position, please email the items below in one PDF file with your name as the filename to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Events Coordinator” as the email’s subject line. No phone calls, please.
- Experience: 1-3 years of special event planning experience (preferred but not required)
- Requirements: Ability to work some evenings and weekends for events and performances
Nashville Ballet is an equal opportunity employer.
- A substantive cover letter with salary requirement
- A resume no longer than 2 pages
- Professional References
- Writing samples may be requested