The EC’s events are not only vital tools in celebrating and communicating what we do but also in delivering our mission. Our events give voice to the passion we have for supporting entrepreneurs.
The Events Manager position is an integral part of the EC’s team and requires a highly organized, creative, detail oriented and motivated person to serve as lead for event planning and execution in fundraising and mission delivery. Our variety of events range from 5 to 500 attendees.
Events include fundraising galas, program education and milestone events and community gatherings among others. The position deals with a wide range of responsibilities that include: project management, event theme building, creating event programs, communicating with event attendees & corporate donors, contracting vendors, budget management, coordinating event logistics, timelines and tasks as necessary for event production.
The Events Manager must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines. The Events Manager should have a passion for event management, provide outstanding communication to teammates, vendors and event attendees and volunteers, be an enthusiastic professional, and be capable of building strong and positive relationships with donors and partners.
Fundraising & Mission Delivery Event Responsibilities (not limited to)
Serve as the lead for special event planning, management, and production.
- Work collaboratively with the EC team and internal event owner (ie Membership Lead for EC Info Sessions, Development for cultivation and awards events, Operations for Team off sites) in project managing each event.
- Create and manage the timeline, program and task list for all EC hosted events.
- Lead all event planning and production meetings and discussions.
- Coordinate and manage the invitation, registration and attendee check-in processes.
- Organize and lead collaboration with the Marketing Team on event concept, graphic design/production/printing, and event marketing.
- Negotiate costs and services with vendors; book event space, arrange food and beverage, order all supplies/decorations and coordinate audiovisual equipment & operation.
- Secure volunteers; guide the staff and manage the volunteers working at the event.
- Coordinate the run of show, speakers, participants and needs with the internal event owner.
- Communicate with event participants, sponsors and volunteers for seamless execution
- Manage signage for events including step & repeat, auction items, bidding & donation apps, event programs, etc.
- Work with venue to create/revise room layouts/seating arrangements for each event as necessary.
- Manage on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Manage the follow-up with vendors, sponsors and staff members following each event.
- Create detailed budgets for each event while managing expenses and maximizing all revenue opportunities
- Provide periodic progress reports to Operations and Community Investment for each event project.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, bills, and receipts.
- Research venue options, coordinate appointments and visits to see venue space, and schedule events on the calendar.
- Prepare and modify event contracts with EC Operations as requested.
- Seek new, creative, opportunities for each of the events to keep them relevant and successful.
Community Event Space Use Responsibilities (not limited to)
Facilitate the use of the EC’s event space by community partners, EC members and other third parties.
- Maintain calendar and take new bookings.
- Communicate with hosting organization to provide a best-in-class experience at the EC.
- Facilitate room set up, A/V needs, parking and other needs as they arise.
- Coordinate staff coverage and participation when needed.
- Collaborate with Operations on invoicing and payments for space use.
- (Future) Develop and implement a plan to grow revenue in this area.
General Event-Related Administration (not limited to)
Provide day-to-day foundational support for events at the EC.
- Upon budget approval, secure relevant event equipment to have on hand at the EC (ie ice buckets, tables).
- Maintain agreed upon inventory of supplies such as water, refreshments, napkins, and spoons.
- Coordinate location, meals and parking for team & leader and other internal events (onsite and offsite).
The ideal candidate should have a strong special events background, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Outgoing and dynamic personality
- An “A” player that delivers results
- Resourceful and efficient with experience operating in a small and growing organization with limited resources. Experience in not-for-profit or bootstrapped environment preferred
- Ability to think, apply and execute Lean Methodology in your work with events
- Superior time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Forward-looking thinker, able to anticipate needs, foresee problems, and propose solutions
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing VIPs, C-level executives and donors
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years prior experience coordinating small (50 guests) gatherings and large (500+guests) special events
- Experience with office administration
- Proven track record of generating revenue from events
- Budget management and negotiation skills
- Non profit and/or start up experience preferred, but not required
- Proven ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Proficient in various project management software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Apple Keynote, and Google Apps.
This is a full-time exempt position and based in Nashville, TN.
- Salary range will be communicated during interview process.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical and life insurance with dental, vision and disability options. Plus a 401(k) matching option.
- Flexibility in how work is accomplished with respect for work/life balance.