Code of Ethics
Members of the Nashville LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NLGBTCC) strive to recognize, promote and improve gay/lesbian business in the gay/lesbian community. NLGBTCC members agree to be honor-bound by these standards of business conduct and ethics:
- Conduct business with honesty, integrity and fairness with respect to customers, clients and employees alike.
- Support the ideas and goals of NLGBTCC, as well as support the LGBT community in general, in a constructive and positive manner.
- Be accessible and accountable to customers or clients and make every reasonable effort to act in the customer or client’s best interest.
- Conduct business with strict adherence to the laws of the state where located and to specific business or professional codes of ethics and in accordance with generally accepted business practices.
- Do not discriminate based upon race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, material status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
- Do not use or condone advertising that is: untrue, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, falsely disparaging of competitors; contains insincere offers to sell; which as a whole, may be misleading or result in misrepresentation by direct statement, inference or omission.
- Be responsible at all times for truthful and non-deceptive advertising and promotion regarding their business.